Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Socks on the Line

March 12, 2009:

Yep, I have socks strung across my living room this morning. Yesterday it was underwear.

My dryer has putzed out. It has been down for over 3 weeks now. My husband didn’t believe me for over a week when I told him it needed to be fixed. Why? Because apparently appliances are intimidated by the man of the house. Why else would the darn thing work for him and not for me? It’s like it musters the few remaining ounces of strength when it sees a man coming at it with a wrench and off it goes, saying, “See? I’m fine, just a little glitch, that’s all! No need for wrenching!”

Causing the man of the house to wonder why you’ve troubled him at all about the dryer. It works just fine. Just gotta open it like this, hold the button with one hand while turning the barrel with the other and pushing the other button with your toe. That’s all.

Yep. Tried that. Several times in fact. Still won’t work for me.

He finally took it apart, cut his finger open, closed it back up, and pronounced it good as new.

That was over a week ago.

Now I have a clothesline strung up across my living room sturdy enough to hang up several shirts, the kids’ clothes, or a myriad of socks and undies. It’s not pretty, but it gets the job done. I haven’t been complaining, but I have to admit that I’m getting tired of it. In order to keep clean clothes on the family, the clothesline has to be full every hour of every day except Sabbath since it takes several hours to dry one rotation, and one rotation doesn’t hold a full washer load.

He hated to admit it, but finally did: it will take help from a professional to see if it’s fixable. Hallelujah. Now please just make the call! lol!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...