Sunday, December 04, 2011

~ Never Forgotten ~


The days leading up to the 10th anniversary of Carl's death were marked by broken sleep, tossing and turning in the dark, grasping at memories that seemed too far away to reach.

The memories I have no longer seem like vapors drifting up through my consciousness and caught like tiny, glistening droplets of water on a web. Now they are solid, worn smooth like a stone carried around in a pocket. The details feel rehearsed.

There are no new memories to be made.

Friday was punctuated by tears, by unspoken questions that will not be answered this side of heaven, and finally, by peace and hope found in these precious promises:

"But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as other which have no hope, for if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him.... for the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a cloud and with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God!" 1 Thess. 4:13-16

"For now we see through a glass, darkly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I shall know even as also I am known." 1 Cor. 13:12

I am, as I know many, many others are, thankful not only for these promises of hope but also for a loving Father who carries every memory of his children close to His heart, never letting any of it fade away. Every smile, every tear, every laugh, it is all kept safe in the heart of One who loved Carl more than all the rest of us put together.






carl1




2 comments:

Rachel said...

I enjoyed your pictures. I remember him as a very outgoing guy. Not afraid to share his opinion or his smile. Great pictures of Carl.

Nabila Grace said...

Thank you for this. :o) I don't have a lot of words that can sum up my thoughts...but tears sit in my eyes. :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...