Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Our first batch of gleaned potatoes from the farm! I was up in town running some errands and wanted to grab a few from the field for dinner, so I headed out there and found a row that had already been harvested but wasn't gleaned yet, and hopped out to grab a few. Well, it's hard to stop once you get started and see all these beautiful potatoes laying there in the loose sandy Michigan dirt. Next thing I knew I was tramping through the furrows, 7+ months pregnant, in the rain, filling up a Target bag with as many as I could carry! My grandma would be proud of me, out there gleaning dinner from the field. She would love this so much! I may not be able to go up to Mt.Hood anymore to get apples and pears from those orchards like I used to, but this makes me happy, and I look forward to this time of year - the potato harvest! Sept. 20, 2005. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...