Thursday, August 25, 2005

My son

Tonight I think my son stole the very heart of Jesus.
"Dear Jesus, thank you for this day. Bless Momma and Daddy, and Grandma and Grandpa, and Auntie and Uncle Travis.", he prayed. Yesterday and today he has repeated after me some very simple prayers, blessings before meals, but this is the biggest prayer by far! When I took him to bed and tucked him in, I said, "Let's say prayers! Dear Jesus...", and his little eyes lit up as he began to repeat, "Dear Jesus..." It just hit me so powerfully: he's not just a baby, a small helpless child. He is a soul.

1 comment:

Old Logger Productions said...

Oh Lisa, how precious.. Your little boy is very special.. even more so to Jesus.. who I'm sure needed to see that his sacrifice was not in vain, that there are Mommies and Daddies in the world that do teach their little ones about Him, and that He loves them. "And by their fruits, yea shall know them" This is your reward.. your fruits are your children.. God Bless you and Colby.. Mom..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...