Thursday, October 27, 2005

Just some updates.

Hi everyone!

I now have only 14 days till my due date, and though it seems like such a short amount of time, I pray every night that the Lord will be merciful and cut my time short! I have sporadic contractions that are as painful as some of the back labor pains I had with Joshua, and I'm ready to move on to the real thing and get it over with!

I went yesterday to the hospital to preregister and after being interviewed for a short while the nurse asked me what religious affiliation I was. When I answered Seventh-Day Adventist she said, "Really? Me too!". It turns out I was paired up with the only SDA nurse on staff right now, and I really felt like God had set that up for me as a special blessing! She was so nice, and she knew some of my family because she and her husband had gone with Dad M. to Mexico last Christmas on the mission trip! Not only that, but her husband's cousin lives out west and we used to go to church with him several years ago.

It has been somewhat of a nerve-racking transition for me to move from having a home birth with Joshua to a hospital birth this time, and it was comforting for me to find an Adventist nurse. She made me feel at ease and less apprehensive. Some of you reading this won't understand that at all, but that's okay.

On another note, Joshua will be 2 in just over a week! He went pee-pee on his potty chair for the first time this week and has a few times now, and it's been very exciting! I'm sure someday he won't be very excited to know that I shared this information with the world, so I won't mention it again, but I just couldn't help make note of this milestone!

Well, hopefully soon I'll be posting some pictures of a cute little baby on here, please keep us in your prayers!

Lisa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...